Kilimanjaro Facts

Height - 19340 ft / 5895 m
First Ascent - 5 October 1889
Location - Tanzania, Africa
Annual Visitors - approx. 15,000
% Successful Summits - about 40%

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Almost time...

It's almost time to go, less than 24 hours before I catch my plane so I figured I'd make a final post from home. Donovan is already in Tanzania and reports that the weather in Moshi is hot - 80 degrees and sunny. While in Moshi we will be staying at the Keys Hotel Mbokomu. It has Internet services so I should be able to make a few more blog posts once I arrive.

My search for a way to recharge my cell phone without plugging into something has turned up fruitless. In the past I've used a AA battery pack from Energizer that could recharge cell phones and MP3 players. Unfortunately I've changed my phone since then requiring a different plug and no one seems to carry these any more. As such, my ability to make posts while on the mountain and on safari will be limited by how long my battery lasts. I hope that by leaving the hotel with a fully charged battery and making sparing use of my phone I can stretch the battery life the whole trip.

With that in mind I want to emphasize that no news is good news. If there are no posts it could be because I have no service, a dead battery or I'm too busy having fun to make a post.

Anyway, I'm almost packed, super excited about this trip and can't wait to get started on my next adventure!

P.S. I added a photo gallery to the left. Right now it just has some "teaser photos" from previous Embark Adventures expeditions. I'll try to add some of our photos as technology allows.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this blog for your climb up Kilimanjaro. My cousin, Jim Ronning, is one of your team members. I emailed him yesterday to let him know that my literacy classes from Craig, Colorado will be following your progress. On the batteries issue - see Jim, he's become our family's electronics guy!

    ReplyDelete